SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition is the data management solution for small organizations that need a database with no limits on size or number of users. Workgroup Edition can serve as a front-end Web server or for departmental or branch office operations. It includes the core database features of the SQL Server product line and is easy to upgrade to Standard or Enterprise Edition.
SQL Server 2005 is Microsoft's next-generation data management and analysis software that delivers increased scalability, availability, and security to enterprise data and analytical applications while making them easier to create, deploy, and manage.
Building on the strengths of SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 provides an integrated information management solution that will help organizations of any size to:
- Build and deploy enterprise applications that are more scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Maximize the productivity of IT by reducing the complexity of creating, deploying, and managing database applications.
- Empower developers through a rich, flexible, modern development environment for creating more secure database applications.
- Share data across multiple platforms, applications, and devices to make it easier to connect internal and external systems.
- Deliver robust, integrated business intelligence solutions that help drive informed business decisions and increase productivity across your entire organization.
- Control costs without sacrificing performance, availability, or scalability.
The advancements SQL Server 2005 delivers in three key areas: enterprise data management, developer productivity, and business intelligence.