Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System empower IT professionals, ISVs and System Integrators to build robust custom solutions for Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft InfoPath 2003 and Microsoft Outlook 2003.
Developers gain the complete power of the .NET Framework including a rich VB.NET and C# coding experience, use of a huge selection of managed controls, improved deployment and maintenance of solutions, improved security and the natural ability to consume and expose XML Web services and line of business systems directly from Excel, Word and InfoPath documents and templates and Outlook Add-ins.
These solutions reduce end-user training and provide familiar user interfaces taking full advantage of Excel's calculation and presentation features, Word's document formatting and text management features, InfoPath's information gathering and XML management features and extending Outlook's email, calendar, task and contact functionality.
With VSTO 2005, developers can:
- Build Office-based solutions using the full power of Visual Basic .NET and C#
- Target Excel, Word, InfoPath and Outlook
- Save time using visual design tools for designing databases, tables, and queries
- Integrate with any system with full support for XML Web Services
- Use managed controls to extend Office solutions in ways never before possible
- Take advantage of server-side programming model for Excel and Word solutions without launching Word or Excel