Export Restriction -- for sale to any country except Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Cuba.
The "crypto" (cryptographic) version is required for making secure encrypted connections with SSH, SSL/TLS, Kerberos, or SRP.
The non-crypto version exists only to satisfy US export law regarding a small number of embargoed countries listed above. There is no reason to purchase the non-crypto version unless you are in one of those countries.
Kermit 95 version 2.1.3 for the Microsoft Windows platform builds on its comprehensive and secure PC-to-Host communications capabilities with the following new features:
- An integrated SSH v1/v2 client
- Integrated clear-text and secure FTP and HTTP clients
- Automatic highlighting of URL hotspots
- A new Windows-based secure Internet Kermit Service (NT/2000/XP/2003 Server only)
- Graphical interface with menu, toolbar, scrollbar
- User-selectable fonts
- Mouse resize/maximize/restore
This Cryptographic version includes secure authentication and strong encryption for Internet connections using one or more of the following security methods: Kerberos IV, Kerberos V, SSL/TLS, SRP, SSH v1, or SSH v2, and any of various ciphers including CAST, DES, 3DES, or AES.
Other product features include:
- Secure as well as clear-text Telnet and Rlogin clients.
- Incoming Telnet connections.
- Direct serial, modem dialup, and TAPI connections.
- 40 different terminal emulations including VT100, VT220, VT320, Linux, ANSI, SCOANSI, QNX, Wyse, HP, IBM, DG, Televideo.
- Kermit, FTP, and XYZMODEM file transfer protocols.
- International character-set translation, including Unicode.
- A powerful, portable, integrated scripting language for automation.
- Compatibility with Kermit software on Unix, VMS, many other platforms.
- E-mail tech support by K95 developers.
- InstallShield installation