Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX (SFU) 3.0 provides a full range of cross-platform services that help you integrate Windows into your existing UNIX environments. And now that the Interix subsystem technology is built in, Windows Services for UNIX 3.0 provides platform interoperability and application migration components in one fully integrated and supported product.
- Optimize existing investments in UNIX applications by reusing code, which you can now run on Windows. Plus, update old code with COM and .NET technology to get new value from your UNIX applications.
- Spare IT staffers from having to rewrite applications from scratch. The Interix subsystem technology saves development time by making it easy to port existing UNIX applications to Windows.
- Get to market faster and start generating new revenue almost immediately. If you're an independent software vendor (ISV), you can now quickly and easily make your existing UNIX applications available on the Windows platform.
- Reduce system administration time with tools that centralize network management across UNIX and Windows platforms, such as the Two-way Password Synchronization and Server for NIS components.
- Unify data sharing and enable integrated, cross-platform file systems through the Network File System (NFS) client, server, and gateway
- Leverage existing UNIX network administrator tools and skill sets. Windows Services for UNIX 3.0 provides more than 300 UNIX utilities and shells that let you run existing shell scripts with little or no change on Windows.